I chat with Lindsay Bryan-Podvin, a practicing financial therapist in the Midwest. As the first financial therapist in Michigan, she combines financial literacy with the emotional and psychological side of money. Lindsay has a background in mental health research and psychotherapy, having trained at the University of Michigan in Social Work.
We chat about the differences between various types of financial professionals, why someone would want to go into financial therapy and some of the common stressors about money. We also chat about creating boundaries around money, navigating finances with your partner and how to use your body to understand what’s going in your financial life.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
This episode is brought to you by Fabric, a one-stop shop to organize your family’s financial life: Fabric Wills, a free way to create a last will & testament that has been used by tens of thousands of families. There’s also Fabric Vault, a free and easy way for spouses and partners to create a map of their family’s finances and securely share this information with each other – Think credit card information and account logins. To find out more and get started by creating a free account for both Fabric Wills and Fabric Vault, head to https://try.meetfabric.com/beyond
What You Hear in This Episode:
- Why Lindsay decided to transition into financial therapy
- How individuals and couples can navigate boundaries to better their financial situations
- How anyone can tune into their body to uncover issues around money
- What the differences are between a financial therapist, money coach and financial planner are
- What is really happening under the surface when couples argue about money
Questions to Ponder:
- Can you identify the sorts of challenges you want to work through in our financial so that you know which professional to ask?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- Money Mind Balance
- Follow Lindsay on Youtube
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Hang out with me on Instagram
- Fabric – Free wills and family finance resources
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)