Jason decided to save a few hundred dollars (even though he could more than afford it) back at the end of 2019 on flights to the Philippines to see his 97 year old grandmother and pushed the trip to the spring of 2020. Well, we all know what happened, a global pandemic and Jason never got to see his grandmother before she passed.
He comes on the show to talk about the regret and raw emotions he feels about the financial decision he made that led to him not seeing his grandmother before her passing, why we need to use money as the final filter since so many of us default to savings, and how we can move beyond the question of survival once we have the financial means to do so.
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- The real reason Jason and his mother decided to save money on their flight
- What regrets and emotions he’s still dealing with from this one seemingly small decision
- How we can start to spend money with purpose
- What it means to talk about money beyond mere survival and the numbers
- How using money as the filter helps to break the taboo about money
- You Only Live Once: The Roadmap to Financial Wellness and a Purposeful Life
- Finding Your Enough Number
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Emotional Spending Guide
- Values Based Spending Guide
*theme music by Donovan Dorrance