In this episode, I chat with Grace Chon, a commercial pet photographer who worked for big brands such as Purina and Tinder. And she’s the host of the Creativity School podcast. We chat about her money story and upbringing as an Asian female, how she fell into a career as a creative which led to her unique career as a pet photographer. We also talk about why we need to stop hiding from the fact that creativity isn’t for everyone – it’s not just about creating art – and how we can cultivate this skill in all professions to help improve our bottom line.
Can you believe we’ve reached the end of season 4? Please stick to the end to hear some updates about what’s going on with the podcast, how you can continue living beyond the dollar and ways to keep in touch with the community.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- How Grace Chon got into commercial pet photography and turned it into a wildly profitable business
- What Grace Chon learned about money growing up with immigrant parents
- Why it’s not necessary to monetize your creativity
- Why Grace believes that everyone is creative and can cultivate their skills to earn money to do what they love
Questions to Ponder:
- What are some ways you can hone in on your skills whether you believe it’s related to what you do, to improve what you do at your job or career?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- The Creativity School Podcast
- Grace Chon
- Follow Grace on Instagram
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Hang out with me on Instagram
- Fabric – Free wills and family finance resources
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)