How do our beliefs about money affect how we handle and relate to it as adults?
In this episode, I (alongside former co-host Garrett Philbin) explore how our experiences with money growing up influence how we manage it as adults. We talk about what money scripts are, why they are so important, and how to become more aware of our unconscious patterns so we can be more intentional and in control of our money.
Sarah and Garrett dive into what they experienced growing up, and how those things had both a positive and negative impact on their personal finances. They also explore how willpower isn’t the answer to your money woes, how to create lasting changes, and where to start looking to uncover your unconscious money beliefs.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- What are some of the most common lessons people learn about money growing up
- essages we receive, even in our adult years, affect how we feel and think about money
- What simple techniques we can use to overcome the negative beliefs we have money (hint: it has nothing to do with forgetting about it)
- How tools and budgeting systems fail us when we aren’t aware of our underlying behaviors
- Why it’s important to acknowledge our “past money scripts” before we can move on n our financial lives
- Why Knowing Your Money Story is Crucial to Getting Rich
- Til Debt Do Us Part
- I Wrote in a Money Journal For 30 Days. Here’s What Happened
- Money Magic: Unleashing Your True Potential for Prosperity and Fulfillment by Deborah Price
More From Sarah:
SHARE ON INSTAGRAM/PIN IT:
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)