In this episode, I (alongside former co-host Garrett Philbin) talk about how finding like-minded community is crucial when making progress toward your financial goals. We also talk about how to engage in conversations with friends and family around money, how to get the conversation started if you’re worried about talking directly about finances, as well as the differences between paid and free accountability groups and the instances in which one may be better than the other.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- The crucial reason why it’s important to surround yourself with people who are already doing what you’re doing
- What you can do if people around you aren’t open to supporting you in your financial journey
- How you can build your tribe or an accountability network
- Examples of how both Garrett and Sarah have found success with accountability groups
- Advantages and disadvantages of paid versus free accountability groups
- Why finding accountability or your tribe doesn’t mean just searching for people (hint: books count!)
- You Are A Badass At Making Money by Jen Sincero
- Loaded by Sarah Newcomb
- ChooseFI – Facebook group
- Money and Happy – Facebook group
More From Garrett:
More From Sarah:
SHARE ON INSTAGRAM/PIN IT:
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)