SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
Rich Jones and Marcus Garrett, hosts of the popular podcast Paychecks and Balances join me in this episode. We chat about the differences between the idea of outward success and how it’s not always cracked up to be. We also get candid about our feelings on how others respond to our upbringings or our “advantages” in life and it’s merely our parents looking out for our best interest.
What You Hear in This Episode:
- What Rich and Marcus felt like growing up, being perceived as more “successful” compared to others
- How their experiences affect how they talk about money or interact with other people IRL when it comes to money
- The idea of “success” and feeling like it’s less acceptable to talk about the struggle to get to where both Rich and Marcus are
- How they’ve both found gratitude and non-judgement in their situations
Questions to Ponder:
- What are you grateful for?
- What’s one hardship you went through and in retrospect helped you thrive in your financial situation?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Paychecks and Balances
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
*Thanks to Donovan Dorrance for the awesome theme music
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)