In this week’s episode, we’re talking about *cue dramatic music* emotional spending. Whether you’ve had a bad day at work, or you’re just feeling down for whatever reason, some of us, myself included, turn to retail therapy. Now a few dollars here and there isn’t going to hopefully break the bank, but it can cause a bunch of mental anguish and of course your financial situation down the line. So let’s talk about the good and bad parts of emotional spending are, some practical ways to deal with it and forgive yourself for past mistakes.
There is a lot of information packed into this episode, but don’t worry about scrambling to take notes down, I’ve created the tips I’m about to share in a pretty downloadable guide. To download it, head to beyondthedollar.co/spending
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- What does emotional spending even mean, and why it’s not always negative
- Using short term solutions to get you to stop spending
- What is important long term to curb emotional spending
- Why novelty and pattern interrupts are crucial to help assess your spending habits
- How Sarah spent $500 in one month on junk food
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)