Let’s say you’re making a big life transition – are you sure you’re as prepared can you be?
Pete McPherson thought he was. He got a job offer at a startup, working part-time hours to ramp up his side hustle and getting ready to move to a new town.
Sadly, him and his wife – with a baby in tow – had to figure out how to survive on zero income sources. It went on like this for three years. He comes on the show to chat about the exact moment why he decided to leave his CPA job and move away with his wife, why his plans to take on a new job totally failed, and what the unsexy things he and his wife did to get back on track.
Stick around to the end where I’m going to drill down into Pete’s story to give you some practical lessons we can all learn.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You’ll Hear in This Episode:
- The reason Pete decided he wanted to quit his CPA job (hint: it involves passing off his kid to his wife at a gas station)
- Why Pete’s best laid plans didn’t work out
- How Pete managed to survive on no official income sources for three years
- What he did to get some immediate cash flow in his then side hustle
- What Pete wishes he did differently before he quit his job
Questions to Ponder:
- Can you find $5 here and there to start a buffer savings account or an emergency fund?
- If you want to make a transition and it will affect your finances in a big way, what plans can you make for the worst case scenario?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
- Do You Even Blog?
- Follow Pete on Twitter
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)