Investing can be pretty complicated, but it’s not impossible to learn the ins and outs of it so we can retire comfortably. But why so much pressure? Is it because of the complicated jargon in the paperwork that we throw up our hands and say “I give up?”
Michelle Waymire, founder of Young + Scrappy, a specialty practice geared towards serving young investors has been where you are, afraid of looking at the paperwork and making some pretty big mistakes which she shares in this episode.
That’s why Michelle came on, to chat about some of the ways our brain is wired to work against us when it comes to investing, how we can get out of our way and being empathetic to yourself even if you’ve made mistakes in the past.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- The main difference between saving and investing
- What the underlying fear is around getting good with investing
- Mistakes Michelle has made when it came to her old 401k account
- What you can do before looking at your investing statements
- How someone can approach learning about investing
- How someone can commit to investing
- Tips and tricks to overcome the fear of investing your cash
Questions to Ponder:
- What do you think you’re really scared of when it comes to investing?
- What can you commit to when it comes to one small action to do with investing?
- What’s one hard thing you did that is even harder than investing?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- Young + Scrappy
- Young Scrappy Money Podcast
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)