One night, Jackie’s house burnt down through a freak accident. Jackie and her husband had nowhere to go — thank goodness the firefighter staff called the Red Cross for them, got a few hundred dollars so they could go stay a hotel. She comes on the show to talk about the time her house burnt down and had to fight with the insurance company for eight months to pay her the full amount in her policy. She goes into detail who she hired, what she regrets not doing before buying a home insurance policy and what she’s most thankful for through this entire ordeal.
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- What exactly happened to Jackie and her husband on the night of the house fire
- What incidents led to Jackie realizing her home insurance company wasn’t on her side
- Why she had to hire an third-party insurance professional to help her fight for her claim
- How long it took for Jackie to get what she was owed
- What Jackie’s biggest learned was when it comes to choosing a homeowners insurance policy
- Follow Jackie on Twitter
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) complaint index
- What happens when I file an insurance claim? – Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- 6 things to know before you deal with a home insurance claims adjuster
- How to communicate with your insurance company
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)