How does your fear around money affect your decisions? What can we do to move away from fear and feel more confident in our money?
In this episode we sit down with Jen Hemphill, a Money Confidence Coach, an AFC® (Accredited Financial Counselor), and host of the Her Money Matters® Podcast. Her first book Her Money Matters: The Missing Truths From Traditional Money Advice helps to fill the missing gaps for when you are financially stuck.
Jen has a unique perspective on how our money stories translate into fear around our money and how that affects our day-to-day decisions. We dive into how we can begin to shift our fears into being more confident in our financials lives. We also share how to incorporate self-care practices to relieve stress and fear (it doesn’t cost a lot, trust us!), ways to find the community to help you grow, and so much more.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- What fear looks like in our financial lives
- What is a past and present money story, and why those two are crucial when it comes to uncovering our fears
- What does it mean to be confident with our money? How does that help us make better decisions?
- How we tend to make poor choices when we’re maxed out on our “mental bandwidth”
- Simple shifts we can all make to feel better about our money (hint: it’s not spending hundreds of dollars on self-care)
- Her Money Matters: The Missing Truths From Traditional Money Advice
- Her Money Matters Podcast
- I Wrote in a Money Journal For 30 Days. Here’s What Happened
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
- The Goopification of self-care misrepresents how hard looking after yourself can be
- Everyday Care Bot
More From Garrett:
More From Sarah: