Dealing with a divorce is challenging enough emotionally, but you’re also managing financial stress as well. How are you supposed to navigate these uncertainties in your life, both during and after a divorce?
In this episode, I (alongside former co-host Garrett Philbin) talk with Kayla and Shanah of Cash Wise Ex Wives, an online community where they help divorcees navigate money. Kayla and Shanah went through very different divorces, and speak to how a divorce when single vs. a divorce with kids affected their own finances. We chat about what changed for them after they left their respective exes, how they managed the emotional and financial sides of divorce, and why they believe having a supportive community throughout the process is so important.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- Kayla and Shanah’s story of divorce and how it affected their finances.
- What Kayla and Shanah both believe to be the cause of money fights and ones that lead to a breakdown to a marriage
- How Kayla and Shanah saw through to the other side and thrived financially
- Why they believe it’s essential that divorcees get support from like-minded people to deal with the difficulties surrounding divorce
- What the differences are between women and men post-divorce, particularly those who participated in more traditional gender roles
- Why Kayla and Shanah both started their online community
- What Kayla and Shanah both wish they knew right when their respective divorces happened
More From Garrett:
More From Sarah:
SHARE ON INSTAGRAM/PIN IT:
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)