SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
Beau Humpreys comes on the show to chat about why he used gambling as a coping mechanism for his undiagnosed ADD, why he felt like he had to file for bankruptcy, when his last relapse happened and how he doing since that time.
Stick around to the end where I’m going to distill some takeaways from our conversation, including questions to ask yourself when you find it hard to cope emotionally.
What You Hear in This Episode:
- How much debt Beau got into at the lowest point in his gambling addiction
- Why Beau decided to file for bankruptcy
- How Beau found out the cause behind his desire to gamble as a coping mechanism
- Some of the ways Beau was able to deal with his ADD
Questions to Ponder:
- Do you really need debt counseling or file for bankruptcy?
- What are some ways your financial behavior is linked to mental wellness?
- Which is the better option: debt settlement or debt management?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- Debt Settlement vs. Debt Management Programs: What’s the Difference?
- The Personal Finance Show (here’s the episode I was on)
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
- Season 3 episode 6 – How Our Mental Health Affects Our Finances
*Thanks to Donovan Dorrance for the awesome theme music