In this episode I (alongside former co-host Garrett Philbin) chat with Yulia Steshenko, a certified financial planner who is committed to inclusive financial planning and disability advocacy. We talk about how her disabilities and receiving government assistance has shaped her relationship with money, and why she still struggles with a need to prove herself to others. We also talk about how gratitude has been instrumental in helping her be at peace with where she is, and how she’s found the ability to give so much to others regardless of her circumstances.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- Why Yulia needed to think about retirement planning even before she graduated college
- What it was like putting pressure on herself to succeed professionally, in spite of her disability
- How her disability shaped Yulia’s relationship to money
- Why Yulia feels so strongly about giving back
- How Yulia is able to thrive despite a meager supplemental income
- How she maintains a deep sense of gratitude for her life
More From Garrett:
More From Sarah:
SHARE ON INSTAGRAM/PIN IT:
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)