Without giving away too much, Jen got laid off shortly before she was due to give birth with no clue what her next gig was going to be. Dealing with that stress, and figuring out healthcare, well she had to be hospitalized from the way her body was reacting to the stress — aka a seizure among one of them.
I’m sure you’re dying to find out: how did she manage financially? And how did she figure out what to do about the worth situation after giving birth?
Luckily for us, she comes on the show to talk about the time her and her colleagues experienced a massive layoff at her former job, a few weeks before she was to give birth. Jen shares her experience navigating healthcare insurance, how she grew her income with the help of her network, why her body reacted the way it did, and what this experience taught her about her ambition and relationship to work.
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- The moments lead up to and after Jen’s layoff
- How Jen navigated healthcare and income concerns
- Why she feels she went into a seizure and had to stay in the hospital shortly before giving birth
- What ambition, work and rest looks like in her life, and what this experience taught her about forging her own path
- The Frugal Friends Podast
- Modern Frugality
- The Layoff Payoff: A Severance Package
- Finding Your Enough Number
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Emotional Spending Guide
- Values Based Spending Guide
*theme music by Donovan Dorrance