Emily who, after her dad passed away (and was worth 5.5 million dollars) ended up fighting tooth and nail to ensure that her stepmother didn’t steal all of her and her sister’s inheritance.
Listen to find out why she was going to allow her stepmother to do whatever she wanted with her father’s estate until one incident which led her to saying “oh hell no!”
She goes into detail about the legal battle, what was in the estate planning documents that allowed her stepmother to spend all that money and how Emily stopped feeling angry so she could finally grieve her father.
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- What happened so that Emily’s stepmother was able to dip into the money housed in her father’s trust
- Why Emily was going to let it go until one incident with your stepmother led her to fight for her rights
- How much Emily spent on legal fees
- How long it took Emily and her sister to come to an “agreement”
- Why Emily settled for less than what was “owed”