Let’s say you met someone and the sparks are flying. LIke, there so much chemistry, you think “this person’s the one.”
Soon after this person suggests a trip together. Not a two-day getaway or a week to Cancun. But a 7 month road trip.
True story by the way. Garrett was dating Amelia for all of two months when they suggest this — they wanted to be an enclosed space so there’s nowhere to go but to work on their stuff as a couple.
I don’t know about you but most people might think about dating some more, or go into pre-marital counseling, not being in a confined space with someone for that long. There are questions like, how am I going to make money? What if I made the wrong choice, or this person is wonderful, but I can’t see a secure financial future with them?
Well, Garrett and Amelia did go on the road trip. He chats with me about how him and Amelia managed their finances on the road, some tough lessons as they learned to communicate as a couple and why they decided to end their trip early.
If his voice sounds familiar, it’s because Garrett is the former co-host of Beyond The Dollar throughout seasons 1 to 3
Stick around to the end where I’m going to take what Garrett learned on his trip and how you can use it to strengthen your finances as a couple.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- Why Amelia and Garrett decided to embark on a seven month road trip together
- How they worked out their income situation and budget
- What crept up when it came to money management and communication skills while on the road
- What Garrett learned about himself and his tendencies with money during the trip
- Why Amelia and Garrett decided to end their trip early
- Garrett’s hopes for the future
Questions to Ponder:
- How can you open up the lines of communication about money?
- What’s one thing you do in regards to money that really annoys your partner and vice versa?
- How can you start expressing your wants in a relationship?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
- Be Awesome Not Broke
- Follow Garrett on Instagram
- Fincon – where we met
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)