Tara McMullin, founder of CoCommercial, talks about why she decided to walk away from a business that earned her over a million dollar in sales because of her values. We also get into the nitty gritty of what she did to build another business that both earns her money and helps her customers thrive without her. Tara also shares what business owners and consumers can do to be more informed about the choices they make so that they’re purchasing or creating products in an ethical way.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- Why Tara made the bold choice to shut down her old business and why it was such an easy decision for her
- How entrepreneurs can fall into the trap of doing things as they’re “supposed” to be
- What Tara did to untangle her values, beliefs and thoughts to move towards a more ethical business model
- Why Tara calls herself a “superuser” in her new community
- What creators and consumers can do to be aware of scammers and businesses that create a culture of dependency
- How anyone can still earn money in accordance to their values, no matter their income situation
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Dismantling Systems of Oppression in Business: 5 Commitments For Working Together
- Nicole Lewis-Keeber
- This is Marketing
- Tanya Geisler
- Subtle: The Small Shifts That Lead To Big Results
More From Sarah:
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)