In this episode, I chat with Joel and Matt, hosts of the How To Money Podcast. We go into how they became close friends -sharing their life and intimate details about their financial life. We discuss why it’s so crucial to find people around you that you can trust to have these emotional conversations about money, what to share and not share when first talking about money, and where to go find support systems even when you feel like you don’t have any.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- Why Joel and Matt still feel that money is still more taboo
- How they’ve opened up or started conversations with friends
- How does hanging out with people help you with your financial habits
- How Joel and Matt have made talking about money fun
- How their friendship helped each other in their financial lives
- Is it possible to get FOMO when NOT talking about finances?
- What Joel and Matt recommend when someone is nervous how can they start conversations about money without “rocking the boat?”
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- How to Money podcast
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
Questions to Ponder:
- What is your current priority when it comes to your financial life, and who can you approach so you can share this, thereby starting a support system around your money?
- How can you start talking about money just by sharing your life goals or interest?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)