We are told it is better to give than to receive, but what and how much should we give? Does giving money carry more weight than giving our time?? What if we feel we don’t have enough money or time?
In this episode we chat about the benefits of giving, and share practical ways you can begin to find both time and money if giving is important. We talk about why we’ve personally felt that giving money seems more impactful than volunteering time, how our happiness levels change when we do give, and how you can be intentional about giving so that it’s not based out of guilt or obligation.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- The differences between giving time and giving money to a worthy cause
- What constitutes as giving (you may be surprised)
- How anyone can support others in the community or a worthy cause
- What you can do if you feel obligation or guilt about giving (or lack thereof)
- Practical ways you can give as part of your daily routine
- How giving actually benefits you as well
- I Went to Africa and I Didn’t Help
- Money Spent On Others Can Buy Happiness
- Before You Pay to Volunteer Abroad, Think of The Harm You Might Do
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s Favorite Prayer
- Chime Bank – round up your purchases and the change will be set aside for you in savings
- You Need a Budget
- ProActive Budget – virtual cash envelope budgeting system
- Coin Up
- Jay Shetty
- 7 Scientific Benefits of Helping Others
- 107 Effective Self Care Practices That Won’t Break the Bank
More From Garrett:
More From Sarah:
SHARE ON INSTAGRAM/PIN IT:
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)