In this episode I (alongside former co-host Garrett Philbin) sit down with Jen Hemphill, a Money Confidence Coach, an AFC® (Accredited Financial Counselor), and host of the Her Money Matters® Podcast. Her first book Her Money Matters: The Missing Truths From Traditional Money Advice helps to fill the missing gaps for when you are financially stuck.
Jen has a unique perspective on how our money stories translate into fear around our money and how that affects our day-to-day decisions. We dive into how we can begin to shift our fears into being more confident in our financials lives. We also share how to incorporate self-care practices to relieve stress and fear (it doesn’t cost a lot, trust us!), ways to find the community to help you grow, and so much more.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- What fear looks like in our financial lives
- What is a past and present money story, and why those two are crucial when it comes to uncovering our fears
- What does it mean to be confident with our money? How does that help us make better decisions?
- How we tend to make poor choices when we’re maxed out on our “mental bandwidth”
- Simple shifts we can all make to feel better about our money (hint: it’s not spending hundreds of dollars on self-care)
More From Sarah:
SHARE ON INSTAGRAM/PIN IT:
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)