What is a meaningful life and how can money become a tool to create it? What happens when we’re so focused on making money we forget to smell the roses and appreciate life?
In this episode, I (alongside former co-host Garrett Philbin) sit down with Leisa Peterson, founder of WealthClinic and the host of the Art of Abundance podcast. We wanted to have Leisa on because she has a unique way of combining mindfulness practices into her work with money. We dive into how to define what a meaningful life looks like, how you know if you’re using money to achieve it, and the work we need to do in order to do so.
What You Hear in This Episode:
- How Leisa approaches her relationship with money, and how it’s now has nothing to do with earning and saving
- Some of the ways we unknowingly sabotage our happiness by treating having money as the end goal.
- How your relationship with money can change as you work on creating a meaningful life
- Common misconceptions of a what a meaningful life is and money’s role in it
- Pivotal moments (including your rock bottom) that can help you shift the trajectory of your financial life
- How Leisa’s upbringing influenced negative feelings she had with money, and how she released these “invisible scripts”
- How anyone can start diving into their blocks to a meaningful life
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
- The Soul of Money by Lynne Twist
- What is a Meaningful Life? – Psychology Today