In this episode, I (alongside former co-host Garrett Philbin) sit down with The Debt Free Guys, John Schneider and David Auten. They are personal finance authors, bloggers, podcasters, and speakers, and are the only gay couple openly talking about money in the queer community. We talk about the financial expectations and challenges facing the LGBT community, how they made the decision to dig themselves out of $51,000 in credit card debt, and how being their authentic selves helped them thrive in their financial lives.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- The moment John and David realized they can’t live their self-described fabulous lifestyle anymore
- Why they both felt they had to spend money once they came out of the closet
- What it was like to get out of $51,000 worth of debt and whether their family and friends supported them on their journey
- Why John and David are the only openly gay couple talking about money in the media
- How being their authentic selves helped David and John thrive in their financial lives
- Why it’s so important to empower the LGBTQ community around their finances
More From Sarah:
SHARE ON INSTAGRAM/PIN IT:
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)