*note: this episode may be triggering for some, so feel free to skip this episode and check out other ones 🙂
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
I chat with Daniel Knopp, a fee-only financial planner and founder of Wise Stewardship Financial Planning where he works to help young widowed spouses as well as service members get their financial lives in order by aligning their values with their money. We chat about how he went through the grieving process when his wife suddenly became ill when he was in active duty as an Air Battle Manager. We chat about the finances involved and why he’s thankful that his finances were in order and the grief counselling he received. We also go into the nitty gritty of estate planning, why it’s essential and should be considered an act of love towards your family.
What You Hear in This Episode:
- What happened to Daniel and his late wife when it came to her medical concerns
- How she suddenly went from bad to worse, landing her in hospice with six weeks to live
- Daniel’s experience leaving the Air Force to care for his wife
- What Daniel’s financial life was affected and he felt both lucky and relieved
- Daniel’s recount of his grieving process and his encouragement to seek counselling even if you don’t think you need it
- How Daniel and his late wife managed their estate planning and why he feels it was an act of live
- Daniel’s biggest money lessons and what he did to remember her
- How Daniel found new love and how they’re managing their finances together
Questions to Ponder:
- What can you do today to start a conversation with your partner about estate planning?
- Who can you talk to about what you need in order to create a will?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
- Wise Stewardship Financial Planning
- Military Life Planning
- Follow Daniel on Twitter
- [DOWNLOAD PDF] Resources on what to consider when doing estate planning
*Thanks to Donovan Dorrance for the awesome theme music
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)