I (alongside former co-host Garrett Philbin) sit down with Andy Hill from the Marriage, Kids and Money podcast to talk about how couples can get on the same page when it comes to their finances. We chat about how fights about money aren’t really about money, how to communicate with your partner so neither feels like it’s an attack, and the mindset strategies you both need when it comes to accomplishing big financial goals. We also talk about how communication and decision making as a couple may change when kids enter the picture.
What You Hear in This Episode:
- What it really means when you and your spouse argue or disagree about money
- How Andy and his wife worked around their competing money mindsets to achieve lofty financial goals (including paying off their mortgage in five years!)
- Why couples need to see beyond the surface level when it comes to conversations around money (well frankly, on all matters)
- What (and why) Andy wants to teach his kids about money
- How couples can enter into a discussion about money when they’re getting serious or are first married (hint: it’s about the future)