Managing your own finances can be tricky enough, but what happens when there’s someone in the picture? If you and your partner aren’t on the same page, what can you do to still have a happy marriage and talk about money without killing each other?
We sit down with Andy Hill to talk about how couples can get on the same page when it comes to their finances. We chat about how fights about money aren’t really about money, how to communicate with your partner so neither feels like it’s an attack, and the mindset strategies you both need when it comes to accomplishing big financial goals. We also talk about how communication and decision making as a couple may change when kids enter the picture.
Andy Hill is the host of the Marriage, Kids and Money Podcast which focuses on helping young families build wealth. The podcast was nominated as “Best New Personal Finance Podcast” by the Plutus awards in 2017. Trusted as a personal finance influencer by brands such as Quicken Loans, Tomorrow and Credit Sesame, Andy’s message of family financial empowerment has resonated with listeners, readers, and viewers across the US. When he’s not “talking money”, Andy enjoys wrestling with his two kids and singing 80’s karaoke with his wife.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- What it really means when you and your spouse argue or disagree about money
- How Andy and his wife worked around their competing money mindsets to achieve lofty financial goals (including paying off their mortgage in five years!)
- Why couples need to see beyond the surface level when it comes to conversations around money (well frankly, on all matters)
- What (and why) Andy wants to teach his kids about money
- How couples can enter into a discussion about money when they’re getting serious or are first married (hint: it’s about the future)
More From Garrett:
More From Sarah:
SHARE ON INSTAGRAM/PIN IT: