Welcome back to season 4! If you haven’t heard the news, Garrett is no longer co-host of Beyond The Dollar so if you’re new here and hear a male voice in previous episodes, now you know 😉
In this episode, I brought on my close friends and money mastermind group, Jackie Lam – an advocate for freelancers, Kate Dore, who is studying for her certified financial planner designation, and Taylor Milam, and English teacher who freelances on the side. We chat about how we met, how we became so open to talking about money (both in our business and personal lives), and what we feel others can do when looking for a support system around their finances.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- How our humble little group started (it had nothing to do with our personal finances) and how we grew to be money BFFs
- What topics we talk about and how we cultivated a supportive environment
- Challenges that come with not having people around you to chat about money openly and honestly
- Pros and cons of free and paid money masterminds
- What Jackie, Kate and Taylor feel are the questions you need to ask when talking to others about money
Questions to Ponder:
- What do you hope to get by talking openly and honestly about money with friends?
- How and where will you seek these people out?
- Are you wanting something more structured (like a formal mastermind or accountability group) or just looking for a safe space to talk about whatever comes up with your financial situation?
- How will you make sure you enforce boundaries for all involved?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
- Hey Freelancer
- Cashville Skyline
- Fincon – where we all met
- Lola Retreat
- Season 3 episode 6 – How Our Mental Health Affects Our Finances
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)
Latest posts by Sarah Li Cain (see all)
- Handling Work Conflicts Using Emotional Intelligence with Razwana Wahid - March 13, 2019
- Forming a Supportive Money Mastermind - March 6, 2019
- What’s The True Price of Ambition? - February 16, 2019