SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
Michelle from the website Savvy History is a history teacher by day and musician by night. She talks about her upbringing and why academics and music are so intertwined in her life, why her husband decided to leave the music business and how they managed to make their finances work while figuring out their life path. Plus the one thing Michelle’s most grateful for throughout this entire journey.
Stick around to the end of the episode where you’ll learn some takeaways about why you don’t need to monetize your passion or hobby.
What You Hear in This Episode:
- How Michelle met her husband and found out he was “the next big thing”
- What led the decision to quit college (Michelle) and he music business (Adam)
- How both their families reacted and why they decided to physically separate themselves from their respective families
- How Adam and Michelle were able to financially support themselves during this transition
- Why they both decided to move back to their hometown
- Steve Lillywhite Discography
- Savvy History
- The Modern Trap of Turning Hobbies Into Hustles
- Not Everything Is a Side Hustle
- Start an Emergency Fund – FINRA.org
- Emergency Fund: What It Is and Why It Matters
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
*Thanks to Donovan Dorrance for the awesome theme music
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)