Why do we shrink and shy away when it comes to negotiating? How can we manage our emotions in these conversations?
In this episode, we talk about what commanding your worth means in practice, and how your feeling of self-worth impacts your ability to ask for more. We dive into the idea of rejection, and how someone saying “no’ to your offer doesn’t reflect who you are as a person. We also share examples of how we’ve commanded our worth, and offer practical tips on how to feel more confident in asserting yours.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- What does commanding your worth even mean?
- What rejection really means when you’re negotiating
- What Sarah and Garrett have done to command their worth (it’s not always about earning more money)
- Practical tips of how you can command your worth (hint: it’s not always about being more confident)
- How the wage gap may affect how men and women negotiate
- Why you shouldn’t shy away from a position you don’t believe you’re fully qualified for
- The one question you need to ask yourself when commanding your worth
- Season 1 episode 6 – Understanding Our Unconscious Money Patterns
- The Landmark Forum
- Hire for Attitude, Train for Skill – Harvard Business Review
- The weekly review habit I’ve been doing for 8 years – Ryan Hildebrandt
- A Nourishing (and hopefully painless!) Money Ritual
- Overcoming Underearning by Barbara Stanny
More From Garrett:
More From Sarah:
SHARE ON INSTAGRAM/PIN IT:
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)