Elyssa Kirham, writer at Brave Saver, speaks about the conflict she felt as a member of the Mormon church when it came to becoming financially secure. She talks about how growing up, she was taught being a mom is her only goal in life, why wanting to work is frowned upon, the conflict she felt at wanting her own version of financial freedom, and why it’s ok for moms to want something for themselves.
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- Why Elyssa had a fatalist approach when it came to her working life
- The conflict she experienced growing up seeing her mother work at a young age
- Why it’s unusual that she decided to graduate early from college
- How Elyssa found a community of similar women
- How Elyssa’s views on money has changed since leaving the Mormon church