I chat with Aneesa who’s better known as Expat Panda, a South African teacher who’s been living and traveling overseas. We chat about her journey into becoming an expat teacher and what’s it been like experiencing different cultures. We also dive deep into the many challenges of living and working in another country as well as how you can prepare both emotionally and financially if you’re considering working overseas.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
This episode is brought to you by Fabric, a one-stop shop to organize your family’s financial life: Fabric Wills, a free way to create a last will & testament that has been used by tens of thousands of families. There’s also Fabric Vault, a free and easy way for spouses and partners to create a map of their family’s finances and securely share this information with each other – Think credit card information and account logins. To find out more and get started by creating a free account for both Fabric Wills and Fabric Vault, head to https://try.meetfabric.com/beyond
What You Hear in This Episode:
- How and why Aneesa decided to teach overseas
- How Aneesa navigates finances as an expat overseas
- How being an expat can give you more opportunities to travel
- What Aneesa faced as challenges and setbacks as a expat
- What Anessa feels is one of the biggest misconceptions of being an expat
- What Aneesa wants people to know if they’re considering moving overseas
Questions to Ponder:
- If you’re considering traveling, why?
- Are you willing to get out of your comfort zone? What are some ways you can test your tolerance for unknown situations in small doses?
- If you’re ready to go overseas, what’s your plan for saving enough money or in case it doesn’t’ work out in the new country?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- Expat Panda
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Hang out with me on Instagram
- Fabric – Free wills and family finance resources
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course