SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
I’m sure you already by now that navigating conversations is a two-way street, but most of us (myself included) tend to want to convince others of what we want, you know our side of things. Maybe we think we’re right, or we’re so emotionally invested in our perspective that we forget we can’t make people do what we want.
This bonus episode will cover navigating tricky conversations about money with those around you. I’m going to be looking back on two episodes from season 6 to talk about a simple framework you can use to navigate tricky conversations.
What You Hear in This Episode:
- Why you conversations about money may not be going the way you planned or want
- What talking your parents and boss about have in common
- A simple framework to start getting on the same page and figure out a solution
- Be open to changing your mind
- Separate the person from the problem or challenge
- Allow each other to speak to be understood
- Once you understand each other’s interests/intent, see how you can work together to come up with a solution that will work for everyone involved
Questions to Ponder:
- What can you do to be a better listener?
- How can you carve you space to try out a new way of communicating with your partner?
- Review a conversation you recently had – how would you approach it differently?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
- Episode 51 – Having “The Talk” With Your Parents With Cameron Huddleston
- Episode 52 – Negotiating Like a Badass with Tori Dunlap
- Crucial Conversations
- Getting to Yes
*Thanks to Donovan Dorrance for the awesome theme music