Have you ever read or listened to stories of entrepreneurs or high-level executives who seem they can do no wrong? As in, they earn a boatload of money and look super happy, you can’t help but want to be like them?
Like, to the point where you find yourself comparing what they’re doing to where you are, and you think you’re going to be better off chasing someone else’s version of success?
Jason Zook learned the hard way that striving for more wasn’t improving his life. Instead, he decided to “own his weird” by looking within and now he’s happier in his personal and professional life
Jason Zook is a self-described unconventional entrepreneur (I mean come on he got paid to wear t-shirts at one point) who comes on the show to chat about how comparison and not understanding our core values can lead to working the bone to earn more (or whatever people define as “success” in their financial life) and why having an “enough” number is essential for your well being. We dive into how owning your weird can do wonders for your money.
What You Hear in This Episode:
- Why Jason decided to lean into his weird personality in his business and life
- What happened when he went all in to “hustle porn” and working 24/7
- Challenges he’s dealing with when it comes to his new business ventures
- Why Jason believes in doing your own thing when it comes to money and life
- What is an “enough” number and why Jason believes we should all strive for it
Questions to Ponder:
- What is your “enough” number?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- Wandering Aimfully
- 8-Step Guide to Becoming Debt Free (How We Paid Off $124,094)
- Instead Of Focusing On Growth, We Want To Focus On Enough: Our Journey To 330
- Own Your Weird: An Oddly Effective Way for Finding Happiness in Work, Life, and Love – Jason’s AWESOME new book
- Follow Jason on Twitter
- Follow Jason on Instagram
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
*Thanks to Donovan Dorrance for the awesome theme music