SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
I chat with Marc who is the founder of VitalDollar.com and has been self-employed for the past ten years buying and selling websites. We chat about how to balance a growing side hustle, career and a relationship. He gets candid about his journey to self-employment while married, the types of conversations he had to have with his wife so they were both on the same page, and what’s changed since they have kids.
This episode is brought to you by Fabric, a one-stop shop to organize your family’s financial life: Fabric Wills, a free way to create a last will & testament that has been used by tens of thousands of families. There’s also Fabric Vault, a free and easy way for spouses and partners to create a map of their family’s finances and securely share this information with each other – Think credit card information and account logins. To find out more and get started by creating a free account for both Fabric Wills and Fabric Vault, head to https://try.meetfabric.com/beyond
What You Hear in This Episode:
- The turning point when Marc decided he wanted to work for himself
- What kinds of conversations Marc had with his wife as he transitioned into self-employment
- The downsides of trying to juggle self-employment, side hustling while being there for a family
- How Marc has learned to maintain his work schedule by having honest conversations with his wife
Questions to Ponder:
- What’s one conversation you can have with your partner today that will move you toward your financial and life goals? How will you start the conversation?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Vital Dollar
- Follow Marc on Twitter
- Follow Vital Dollar in Pinterest
- Fabric – Free wills and family finance resources
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
*Thanks to Donovan Dorrance for the awesome theme music