Today’s guest is Razwana Wahid, a trainer specializing in conflict management using strategies from the world of psychology and neuroscience. We chat about how to effectively use emotional intelligence in the workplace so that you can effectively be happier at work and maybe increase your income to boot. Razwana also goes deep into tools to start feeling good about your work situation now and how to keep going even when you may not like your job.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- What the heck emotional intelligence means and how it relates to our work and our financial lives
- What Razwana thinks are some of the main reasons we feel unmotivated or resentful of our jobs — whether or not our jobs actually suck
- How empathy plays a role in emotional intelligence and to use it to improve your work situation
- Tips and tricks to use emotional intelligence to navigate your financial life (including a super practical way to increase your salary!)
- Why it’s important to be self-aware and using that to create boundaries in our work and money
- What is intrinsic motivation what does it have to do with emotional intelligence?
Questions to Ponder:
- Go back to an emotionally charged situation at your job or any aspect of your financial life. What would you do differently now that you know a bit more about emotional intelligence and how you can articulate yourself better?
- What can you do to feel less responsible for someone’s financial actions, or something your coworker did at work?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!