I chat with Marc who is the founder of VitalDollar.com and has been self-employed for the past ten years buying and selling websites. We chat about how to balance a growing side hustle, career and a relationship. He gets candid about his journey to self-employment while married, the types of conversations he had to have with his wife so they were both on the same page, and what’s changed since they have kids.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
This episode is brought to you by Fabric, a one-stop shop to organize your family’s financial life: Fabric Wills, a free way to create a last will & testament that has been used by tens of thousands of families. There’s also Fabric Vault, a free and easy way for spouses and partners to create a map of their family’s finances and securely share this information with each other – Think credit card information and account logins. To find out more and get started by creating a free account for both Fabric Wills and Fabric Vault, head to https://try.meetfabric.com/beyond
What You Hear in This Episode:
- The turning point when Marc decided he wanted to work for himself
- What kinds of conversations Marc had with his wife as he transitioned into self-employment
- The downsides of trying to juggle self-employment, side hustling while being there for a family
- How Marc has learned to maintain his work schedule by having honest conversations with his wife
Questions to Ponder:
- What’s one conversation you can have with your partner today that will move you toward your financial and life goals? How will you start the conversation?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Vital Dollar
- Follow Marc on Twitter
- Follow Vital Dollar in Pinterest
- Fabric – Free wills and family finance resources
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course