Starting a family is hard enough – you need to think about stuff like additional health care premiums, parental leave and buying all the things like pregnancy pillows (those things are lifesavers).
Andrew Wang and his wife decided to adopt a child overseas. While it’s about the money — yes, adoption can be expensive — it was about the emotional toll it can take on someone. Andrew comes on the show to chat about why him and his wife decided to adopt overseas, how much time and money he spent through the entire process and challenges he didn’t anticipate.
Stick around to the end where I’m going to distill some takeaways from our conversation, including resources and questions to ask yourself before seeking an adoption agency.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- The exact reason why Andrew and his wife decided to adopt overseas
- What it cost to adopt their child from Taiwan
- How they found out how the adoption process worked and the types of help available
- The emotional rollercoaster him and his wife went on when it came to the wait
- What it felt like to hold his child for the first time
Questions to Ponder:
- Are you looking to adopt domestically or overseas? Why?
- Do you have money set aside to adopt? If not, what kinds of grants are available to you?
*remember, let me know in the comments below your answers! If you’re a social media person, come find me on Instagram (@beyondthedollar) and send me a DM or comment on any one of my posts. I read every single one!
- The Ultimate Guide to Money Mindset Mastery
- Values Based Spending Guide
- Freelance Writing Kickstart – use code BTDLISTENER for 10% off course
- Inspired Money Podcast
- Adopt Together
- Gift of Adoption Fund
- Fund Your Adoption
- Adoption Tax Credit
- Season 4 Episode 10 – Infertility and Finances with Andrea Woroch
Being a badass with your money is as easy as asking yourself what you want.
Download our values-based spending guide and figure out how to revolutionize your financial decisions ASAP.
(psst...we also send you occasional emails on how else to live beyond the dollar. You in?)