Is forgiveness really that crucial to a healthy financial life? If so, how can we incorporate it into our daily lives?
We explore why forgiveness doesn’t mean talking about the “dumb” mistakes we make with money. In fact, it has nothing to do with forgetting the decisions we’ve made or the situations we find ourselves in. This time, Garrett is under the microscope as him and Sarah talk about who forgiveness is really for, how to let go of expectations, and exercises to practice forgiveness in our financial lives.
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Android Apps
What You Hear in This Episode:
- The common myths around the concept of forgiveness and how they prevent people from moving on in their financial lives
- Why it’s important to forgive and stop avoiding negative emotions (hint: it’s meant to help you)
- How expectations with people, situations and actions lead us to spiral into shame, guilt and hurt
- The simple steps anyone can implement today to start forgiving anyone and anything, particularly when it comes to money
- The Book of Forgiving by Desmond Tutu
- The Recovering Spender by Lauren Greutman
- Forgiveness: 21 Days to Forgive Everyone for Everything By Iyanla Vanzant
- How To Overcome Fear Of Public Speaking W/ Josh Pais